The Rectors Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences – Arene – is a guardian of interests and an influential organisation in higher education policy and a cooperative forum for universities of applied sciences. Arene serves universities of applied sciences by creating preconditions for high-level higher education that has professional life as its starting point, and for RDI activities.
Members of Arene include all rectors of Finland’s universities of applied sciences and the universities of applied sciences themselves.
The rectors convene about eight times a year at an Arene meeting to discuss current issues and to draft common policies.
Strategy of Rectors´ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences 2016-2020
• Universities of Applied Sciences are essential part of world´s best higher education system
• To communicate the functions and strengths of universities of applied sciences
• To strengthen the cooperation, networking and internationalization between Universtites of Applied Sciences as part of European Higher Education Area
• To advance operating conditions of Universities of Applied Sciences
• To support the role of Universities of Applied Sciences in renewal of working and economic life
• Open cooperation
• Respect of competences